X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hartlawfirm
    replied
    It's not "illegal," but the insurance carrier may owe you temporary partial disability benefits.

Leave a comment:

• Beth3
    replied
    It probably is, although I can't speak to Oklahoma's WC regs in particular. In my State, which has among the most generous WC statutes in the country, an employee returned to work on light/altered duty may have his or her wages reduced to the level of compensation they would be receiving if they were off-work. (Actually, it can be reduced further but then the WC carrier has to make up the difference.)

Since WC TTD benefits in my State are 85% of the employee's rate of pay at the time of injury, that means that an employee returning to work on light duty can have their wages reduced by 15%. (This isn't something that can be done in retaliation for having the injury but rather if the job the employee has been assigned to pays less than his/her regular job which light duty jobs usually do.)

If you want a specific answer for your State, you can give OK's Worker's Compensation Division a call.

Leave a comment:

• yensid
    started a topic wc and pay change on light duty

wc and pay change on light duty

I worked as a nurse at a hospital in Arkansas. I injured myself 5 months ago. At that time I made around $25.00 an hour. I was release to light duty which consists of working at clinics the hospital owns. Today I found out that since clinic nurses make less they want to reduce my pay while on light duty by %4.00 an hour to $20.00 an hour. Is this legal????????If not someone show my some law to prove it is not...thanks
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X