This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminated on workman's comp in VA

Terminated on workman's comp, company states still will pick up tab on docotors vist's and physical therapy till released under docotor's care. But terminated my personal insurance, is there anything I can do ? they suggested i can pick up personal insunrance under cobra? Also am i entitled to my vactions/holiday and or sick time pay?

Do I qualify under the fma act to aquire some health insurance til i find a new job.

Workers Compensation in VA

Your employer can terminate you and your benefit coverage if that is the standard practice for persons who go out on leave for extended periods of time.

There are several different factors in order to consider whether someone is exempt or not. You can read about those factors at: http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/whd/whdfs28.htm
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Terminated on workman's comp, company states still will pick up tab on docotors vist's and physical therapy till released under docotor's care. Your employment ending does not end your employer's liabilty for your injury, related medical bills, and any other liability they have under WC regulations.

But terminated my personal insurance, is there anything I can do they suggested i can pick up personal insunrance under cobra? COBRA is a federal law that requires employers to offer departing employees the opportunity to continue their present group health plan. Your employer will be mailing you information on that and what the premiums are.

Also am i entitled to my vactions/holiday and or sick time pay? Whether you are entitled to be paid any accrued vacation pay depends on what State you are in. No State requires that holiday pay and unused sick time be paid upon separation.

Do I qualify under the fma act to aquire some health insurance til i find a new job. The Family and Medical Leave Act has nothing to do with obtaining health insurance.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X