Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Hurt at work 2yrs ago. Was sent back to work and injured other shoulder..Michigan

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hurt at work 2yrs ago. Was sent back to work and injured other shoulder..Michigan

    In August of 2003 I was hurt at work. I had severed my bi-ceps tendon and glenoid labrum. In December of 2003 I had surgery. After several months the shoulder had not gotten any better and I was eventually sent to a pain management doctor who had told me that I had developed RSD in my left shoulder as a result of the injury. After several months of treatment and many different types of pain medication and anti-depressants she told me that she could no longer do anything for me. She gave me permanent restrictions on my shoulder and workmans comp decided to send me back to work. I had been back on the job for about 8 months when I began to have terrible pain in my right shoulder (the other one). My orthopaedic doctor put me off work temporairly pending the results of an MRI. Last week I got those results back and they found that I have a tear in my right shoulder. I know that I will eventually have to have surgery on this shoulder as well. Do I have any rights in this matter?? I have been through hell and back with both of my shoulders now. Mentally Iam a mess and I dont know what to do. Iam receiving workmans comp and they are paying my bills without a fight but now I have 2 messed up arms..I was told by a vocational rehab counselor that this would happen (after the fact). When I was sent back to work with those restrictions my employer did not follow them like they said they were. And as a result I was re-injured. HELP!!
    Last edited by Shelly05; 09-27-2005, 07:27 PM.

  • #2
    You have whatever rights you are entitled to under your State's WC statutes - payment of your medical bills, payment for lost time from work, a permanent partial disability settlement when you reach end of healing, and perhaps vocational rehabilitation if you can no longer perform the same type of work due to your injuries. If you are asking whether you can sue your employer, the answer is no.


    • #3
      Permanent Partial Disability Settlement

      Do you know how I would go about getting a permanent partial disability settlement? Who do I talk to? I appreciate any help...Thank you...


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.