This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice!!

When I was laid off from my job in New York, the company told me that I would not be eligible for unemployment until my severance pay had ended.
    I was told not to waste my time as I would not be eligible as long they were paying me. This all seems "fishy" to me now.
    As the time for my severance to end grew near, I tried to file anyway.
    The way the unemployment question as stated on line made it seem as though I could not apply for benefits until I was no longer receiving $$ from my former employer. They also said I would need an FEIN #.
    When I asked my former employer for their FEIN #, they did not respond.
    After many attempts to reach unemployment via phone, I was told where
    to find the FEIN #. Then I was told that I could have applied for unemployment even though I had been receiving severance pay!
    I filed an appeal with unemployment and they denied my claim, stating that I had to file as soon as I was laid off. I was actively looking for a job and have documentation to prove it from the time I was laid off. What should I do? Do I have a chance of getting the 6-7 weeks owed me?

asst

I will be very happy to assist you please contact me via private e-mail at [email protected] or you can call me at 217/390-4299 Linda ie LMay

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X