Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CA Does vacation benefit accrue while on wc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Does vacation benefit accrue while on wc?

I am on workmans comp due to a work-related injury. Do my vacation and sick day benefits keep accruing while on wc? Our payroll gal says it's up to my manager...it's a work realted injury so I would think it would be unlawful to deny me these, in other owrds, if I hadn't have been injured at work, I would be working and accruing them. Thx.

Link to CA DOL WC Div http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/faqs.html
    http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/InjWkr.pdf Injured Worker Guide to WC

As far as I know, vacation and sick leave accrue while out on workers comp covered injury. The links above can provide more information about the process for employers and employees.

Comment

Originally posted by rear-ended
      Does this also apply in PA, also would profit sharing also be paid out if you are off work. Anyone know?
      Rear-ended, this will depend solely on the plan, although as long as the employee is still "employed", I've never seen a plan that allows for a partial (or full) payout of profit sharing.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rear-ended
        Thanks Patty, They pay out in March for profit sharing, I hope I am at work in March.
        This sounds more like a bonus/incentive plan, then, rather than a profit sharing plan intended for retirement purposes (which is what I originally assumed).

Hope you are, too.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X