This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Planned & Pre-Approved!”

I have been an employee for the State of Illinois for over 5 years. Upon my initial employment the question was, “Why, are you applying for an Office Assistant's position?” When you clearly have education and experience for a much higher-level position. My answer was “I want a job with a low stress level so I will be able to perform at peak. I do not want a management or higher-level position, because I have been there and do not want to subject myself to the stress related to those positions.” Understanding that the lower position came with a much lower salary than I was use to receiving.

Over the years, I have been repeatedly given additional work that clearly goes beyond the scope of my job description. Now that the State is "Strapped for Cash" and so many people have either retired or quit, I am getting what seems to be everybody's work. Over the past year, I have been given the jobs of at least three people and still have my original workload (which has been steady growing).

I have repeatedly expressed my frustrations to my supervisor, to no avail. She is not a bad person; just someone who refuses to acknowledge that enough was enough and too much equals nothing. Two week ago, my supervisor came to me and said that I would have to assume the duties of yet another person. Well anyway, I just told her I had to go home. After fighting a two-week migraine headache and pushing myself, just to get up in the morning to make it to work, I just could not take any more.

Work related stress is real; I am now suffering from headaches, digestive problems, sleep deprivation, heartburn, night sweats, menstrual irregularities, chronic back pain, and other muscle tensions.

Today, my doctor put me on a one-month stress leave until further notice. The timekeeper informs me that, a leave has to be planned and pre-approved. I am already experiencing chronic stress, now they are adding confusion.
    “Planned & Pre-Approved!”
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X