This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on workmans comp NY state

hi , back on febuary 15th this year i was at work at my first job . i work for a contractor for cablevision systems.. the cable company here . i was at a house with a partner and i was attachin a wire to there floor molding , it was a tight space and i accident lost balance and hit my forhead on the door jam molding where the flat metal piece sticks .. resulting from this was split skin deep about 1 1/2 inche long .. ok i called my boss and told him and he sent somebody to come and pick up my partner and made me drive back 30 minutes to my shop , this was acutally at next house too , i finished the house i was hurt at and went to next job .. the person had to come from far away to pick up my partner and do my work. ok so i get back to my job , im not feeling good it was bleeding a lot and not all together . when i got there my boss wasnt there just my office manager she asked me what happend and i told her and i said this goes under workmans comp right.. she told me i have insurance and thats what i pay insurance for. so i wasnt all together and i said ok and left. i took off the next 2 days from work.. when i came back to work i asked my boss if i could use workmans comp and he said it wouldnt be practical for something little like this and that i saved him the 500 deducteble or whatever for workmans comp that he didnt want to pay. i had to drive an hour to the doctor near my house i live that far away from my work.. ok i go there and i got 7 stitches on my forhead. they didnt ask me at doctors if it happend at work or not so i didnt say anything.. its now been 2 months and the scar is still there , and i new i should of used workmans comp , ive herd they give settlements for things like this if its on yur face ? ok well read workmans comp web site and it says i can file a claim for up to 2 years after accident .. also my insurance company vytra just sent me a letter saying they were gonna contact my doctor to see what happend and if they cant get a answer that i will have to pay half the cost of the stitches and doctors visit.. another thing also i was on vacation for the 2 weeks before this one and when i went back to work this past monday i was informed that the company i was working for was shut down by the irs , they didnt even call me and tell me they let me drive all the way there for nothing . ive been at this job for 6 years now and they have maybe 20 employees. ok well i just dont know what i should do , i have this scar on my forhead now i have to look at it everyday . i dont have a job now . well if anyone wants to say anytihng or help me to what i can do or should do , im all up to listen.. thank you justin..

Workers Compensation

You should file a claim on workers compensation. Information about New York's workers compensation regulations may be found at: http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/m...uredWorker.jsp
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

compensation and insurance claims

Due To Single Mva Cases Can I Claims From Three Insurers That I Am Insured With,as Well As Worker Compensation Claims, At Once Go,

Comment

Three Insurers

I'm not sure if I understand your question. However, if you are asking if you can file a medical claim with your medical insurer in addition to the workers compensation, most medical companies will not cover claims filed with workers compensation.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X