Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you be treminated while on Workman's Comp??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you be treminated while on Workman's Comp??

Regards California Workman's Comp: I had broken my radius bone and tore ligaments in my left arm in Dec. '04. I am still under a Workman's Comp Doctor Supervision. During rehab, I have gone from totally disabled to available light-modified work duty. I visited my employer and communicated to the owner my status. My owner told me they didn't have any modified work for me and told me not to come back until I was 100 % healthy. Recently, friends and relatives have told me when they called my employer looking to speak to me, the owner told them I was no longer working for the company. Is this legal?? What are my options?? I called my Worman's Comp Agent and told her what I was told. They explained to me through recent conversation with my employer nothing was mentioned I was terminated. Again, I'm confused and could use guidance!! Thankyou

Termination while On Workers Compensation

It is not illegal to terminate an employee while he/she is on leave due to a workers compensation covered injury or illness as long as the employee is not being treated differently than other employees on leave for similar amounts of time and the reason for the termination is not because of the accident, injury or illness.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X