This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me what do i do

i am in virginia- i was injured on 11/12/04 while working as a contract employee and was contracted out to an airlines i was getting in my seat on the plane when i injuried my right knee -had a mri done in dec. 2004 was told i torn my acl and meniscusi and had a torn and twisted ligament -my dr. has sent me to physical therapy 3 to 4 times a week since the end of november 2004 -swelling will not go down leg keeps giving out and then i was was released to go back to work doing light duty -unable to drive myself my husband drove me and i was at work 3 hours when supervisor of the airlines i was doing contract work for decided to send me home and told me to call them back at 4 pm that afternoon - i did and i was informed they no longer needed me because they had ended my contract- the contract company i am working for told me they were not informed - and now i am not getting a workers comp check and i had to have a second mri done because i am still having bad problems with my leg and the doctor says the report this time says i still have a tear in my acl and he does not want to do surgery and has sent me back to physical therapy - is it possible to get a second opinion from another doctor- my case manager has had problems with this doctor not responding to phone calls -faxes - or even her e-mails now the contract company i am working for has not been able to find my another job -am i still entitled to receiving monies for worker's comp.

Workers Compensation

Though I would hope it isn't the case, you may a victim of retaliation for filing a workers compensation claim. Some states prohibit retaliation for filing a wokers compensation claim. That might be the case in Virginia. I couldn't find mention of it. You may want to check with the state. Their website is at: http://www.vwc.state.va.us/employees....htm#procedure

Also, you can be terminated while on leave for workers compensation if that is the same treatment for other employees who are on leave for the same amount of time, etc.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X