Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Can I get another job and not be kicked off W.C in California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can I get another job and not be kicked off W.C in California

    I was hit in the head, right above my right temple, by a walk in cooler door. Because of this I had a concussion which caused dizziness and other things. SInce I bounced off the door my neck was injured and that causes headaches. I was sent to physical therapy for awhile and if the headaches don't go away by April (it will be six months after the accident then) the Dr. will be sending me to a neurologist.

    My question is, if I get another job and quit the job where the injury occured will I be dropped from Workers Comp.?This job is to hard on my body and they expect me to be there until 2 in the morning sometimes. I'm a full time college student and it's just to hard. I have had several opportunities to get a better job (more pay, less hours) but have been afraid to leave for fear of being dropped. I can't afford to pay for medical and I don't think i should have to. They are already itching to close my case and I have to call them every month and tell them I have not been cleared yet. what a pain

  • #2
    Workers Compensation

    I believe that the medical portion of the workers compensation would continue but the income replacement would not. You will want to double check it with the state's workers compensation division to be sure of that. You can find their webpage at:
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.