This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier disputing PPD rating .

My state is GA. and had a PPD rating done by a doctor that the carrier set up about 2 years ago and they are disputing his rating and asking for a independant medical evaluation because they feel he rated me too high . Can they do this after this time frame and since they chose the doctor and made the appointment ?

Georgia Workers Compensation

I tried to find an answer to your question but I couldn't find it. My suggestion is that you contact the state. The website for the Georgia Workers Compensation Divsiion is: http://sbwc.georgia.gov/vgn/images/p...e_handbook.pdf
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Found out from Ga. state board they have 30 days and also must start paying TPD unless disputed with 30 days or they pay a penalty of 13 % for taking over two years from date of exam .

Comment

Workers Compensation

Good for you. Thanks for the information. Good luck.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X