This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break Compliance

I work at a customer service call center and recently we've been going thru a lot of changes. We have this new thing that we have go on breaks as schedule, which is completely reasonable, but if we don't it counts against our monthly average point and it the long run it affects our quarterly bonus. We don't feel that this should be allowed. I mean we can't go to the bathroom unless we have a break schedule or it'll count against us if we go on an unsheduled break. We have talked to our managers about it and addressed our fustration, but they're saying this is how is going to be from no on. We get about 3-4 emails daily reguarding this issue to make sure that we adhere and a daily report telling us if we did or not. What can we do about this? Anyone help us?

Breaks

Breaks are regulated by state law. What state are you in?
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

OK I'm in California, is there any phone number that you can suggest I call?

Comment

California

You can read about California's break law at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_RestPeriods.htm

Your employer can force you to take a break. If you don't, you will be violation of a policy. They cannot deduct from your wages without your approval as punishment for not following the rules. You can read about that in the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement Manual found at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSEManua...enfcmanual.pdf

The answer to your question is on page 46.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X