X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I am in California.

I injured my back lifting heavy boxes at an event working for my company on Dec. 4th, 2004 (it was a Saturday)

When I returned to work on the 6th, I complained of my back pain and told them I was hurt at the show. They did nothing.

After being late to work a few times due to the stiffness I experienced in the mornings, finally on the 27th of Dec. they sent me to the doctor. They had me sign a Workers comp form on the 27th - which they filled out "for me" though I was told I should have filled it out. It was brought to me, with all information already filled in, and the "date injury reported" field was left blank. I refused to sign it, as I had reported the injury on 12/06. So they wrote that date in, I signed it, and they sent me to the doctor.

I was prescribed medicine, physical therapy and follow ups.

I asked for a copy of the signed Worker's Comp form on 12/28/04, and was told it wasn't signed by our VP of Human Resources/Finance yet, and that it would be provided to me later once it was signed. I asked again on 01/05/05, and was told the same thing.

I inquired again today, and again, was told, "don't worry, you'll get it eventually".

I am wondering if I need to take further action, and if my rights have been violated. Any help would be appreciated. I feel like something isn't right about this situation....
    soundclick.com/spitacular1

Follow me for the next big event!
    - myspace.com/therealspit
    - twitter.com/therealspit
    - Spit Acular on Facebook

California

You may wish to contact the state's workers compensation division. Their website is at:http://www.dir.ca.gov/DWC/dwc_home_page.htm
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X