Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help!

    I am in California.

    I injured my back lifting heavy boxes at an event working for my company on Dec. 4th, 2004 (it was a Saturday)

    When I returned to work on the 6th, I complained of my back pain and told them I was hurt at the show. They did nothing.

    After being late to work a few times due to the stiffness I experienced in the mornings, finally on the 27th of Dec. they sent me to the doctor. They had me sign a Workers comp form on the 27th - which they filled out "for me" though I was told I should have filled it out. It was brought to me, with all information already filled in, and the "date injury reported" field was left blank. I refused to sign it, as I had reported the injury on 12/06. So they wrote that date in, I signed it, and they sent me to the doctor.

    I was prescribed medicine, physical therapy and follow ups.

    I asked for a copy of the signed Worker's Comp form on 12/28/04, and was told it wasn't signed by our VP of Human Resources/Finance yet, and that it would be provided to me later once it was signed. I asked again on 01/05/05, and was told the same thing.

    I inquired again today, and again, was told, "don't worry, you'll get it eventually".

    I am wondering if I need to take further action, and if my rights have been violated. Any help would be appreciated. I feel like something isn't right about this situation....

    Follow me for the next big event!
    - Spit Acular on Facebook

  • #2

    You may wish to contact the state's workers compensation division. Their website is at:
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.