This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long?

How long do you have to file for unemployment in the state of Indiana. I work in an office and I have people applying for unemployment after they quit over a year before. Technically speaking they can't file for unemployment if they voluntarily quit, but I was just wondering if there is a time frame on this.

Deadline

I couldn't find anything regarding a deadline to file for benefits in Indiana. You may wish to call the state to get an answer. Let us know what they say. The website for Indiana unemployment is at: http://www.in.gov/dwd/unemploy/
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Originally posted by summer72384
      How long do you have to file for unemployment in the state of Indiana. I work in an office and I have people applying for unemployment after they quit over a year before. Technically speaking they can't file for unemployment if they voluntarily quit, but I was just wondering if there is a time frame on this.
      Although I'm not sure what length of time a person can receive UC in Indiana, my experience has been that in many states it is usually 26-weeks.

If a person voluntarily quits, they can file for UC. However, they may be denied.
      In Solidarity,

Wayne

www.waynemarshall.org

Comment

Answer I received

I contacted someone on the web address that you gave me and this was their response: "What we use to calculate a claim is base period 4 quarters, If a person file a claim today we would use Oct ,2003 to September, 2004." So there isn't a definate number of days it is odd with the periods depending on when they file. Thanks for your help, though.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X