This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laid off due to workmans claim-tenn

I recently got hurt on the job 11/22/04.I received treatment right away,which was thought to be a sprained knee, the doctor gave me three days off to rest it/take pain medication/ice the knee.Ok I did what I was told by the doctor.I called my boss and told him my knee showed no sign of improvement, so he told me go see the doctor get a release to go back work,or find out what else he could do.I saw the doctor, and he told me to take a few more days off.The doctor also said if that didn't help, I would need to be referred to an orthopedic by my boss.Next I finally get an appointment to see orthopedic.Dr tells me I need an MRI, and that I probably torn my ACL..Turned out Dr was right ,ACL & meniscus both torn,need surgery,said to be on light duty work.Turned out not to be so light duty to a lipping man.I told my boss my results of the MRI,he was not thrilled to say the least..So I go to work monday morning give boss the new restriction from the Dr, and my boss told me I WAS TEMPORARILY LAID-OFF and to file for unemployment.Is this legal in tennessee?What about my med benefits.my surgery,my rehab,my family,but never the less my employment jeopordized!!!

Originally posted by thomascontreras
    I recently got hurt on the job 11/22/04.I received treatment right away,which was thought to be a sprained knee, the doctor gave me three days off to rest it/take pain medication/ice the knee.Ok I did what I was told by the doctor.I called my boss and told him my knee showed no sign of improvement, so he told me go see the doctor get a release to go back work,or find out what else he could do.I saw the doctor, and he told me to take a few more days off.The doctor also said if that didn't help, I would need to be referred to an orthopedic by my boss.Next I finally get an appointment to see orthopedic.Dr tells me I need an MRI, and that I probably torn my ACL..Turned out Dr was right ,ACL & meniscus both torn,need surgery,said to be on light duty work.Turned out not to be so light duty to a lipping man.I told my boss my results of the MRI,he was not thrilled to say the least..So I go to work monday morning give boss the new restriction from the Dr, and my boss told me I WAS TEMPORARILY LAID-OFF and to file for unemployment.Is this legal in tennessee?What about my med benefits.my surgery,my rehab,my family,but never the less my employment jeopordized!!!
    You should file an official claim with the Workers' Compensation Commission in your state. Also, mention that your employer has retaliated against you for being hurt on the job. This is illegal. You can find more information and a link to the Tennessee WCC at this website, http://www.afscme.org/otherlnk/weblnk27.htm.

Good luck.
    In Solidarity,

Wayne

www.waynemarshall.org

Comment

Do not feel bad at all. I broke my left elbow at work back on May 14, 2004, and I got fired that day without any notice at all. I had to drive myself to the hospital because the sTupervisor I had refuse to take me. What makes me so mad is that I went to the hearing back in October and the company I worked for lied through their teeth. Well, naturally the worthless state of Virginia sided with them and degraded my character in the meantime by calling me " An extremely simple man and that my resume was a lie."
      Paybacks can be very rough because the company that did this to me are a bunch of tax evaders who not only not only embezzle from their employees investment by lying saying " Their stocks have dropped" but they also have an illegal asbestos dump on their property. Naturally I turned them in to the proper authorities on every account and I'm not wasting my time with the Communist Wealth of Virginia either; I went straight to Washington with my claims of illegal activies that they got going on there. If they what to be nasty, I too can be just as nasty.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X