X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished fact finding interview but I have a question New Jersey

Hi everyone,

I know you don't have a crystal ball and cannot predict the future but I am a little anxious for obvious reasons. At the end of my interview the claims examiner told me that I had not claimed for the two weeks past. She told me to make sure I do so and gave me the telephone number to claim. She also asked me what hours I prefer to work, days, if I am ready and able to work, how I've been looking for work and a few other questions pertaining to work. She reminded me that my employer has the right to appeal the decision. I did not understand why she was telling/asking me this information because during the interview I felt that I would not be entitled to benefits.

So my question is that are these questions and information typical at the end of a fact finding interview. Thank you.

I've been through one appeal hearing of my own, and represented my employer at a number of others (although not in NJ), and I have never heard those questions being asked. The only thing I can think of is that she was trying to determine if you were self-limiting your job search.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I had been through one other hearing myself and I was never asked those questions but I was denied in that case.

When I answered the questions by saying, "I'll take anything." and "I'll take any pay that is minimum wage and above." She wanted specific answers; I couldn't get away with being vague. She also asked me what my preference was. I don't think I gave any indication that I was self-limiting...fact I took a job that was out of my line of work out of necessity and stayed for a long time until certain situations took place.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X