X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CatBert
    replied
    You can be employed and 'feel' akward, or unemployed and feel 'good.' Get over it!

I would venture to say, that most hiring managers will understand you not wanting them to contact your current employer.

Writing the letter in my opinion is very similiar to a resignation.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    I agree with Patty. A "letter of intent to leave" could be considered
    a resignation. I wouldn't submit one.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Plus, the employer could legally consider this a resignation and choose to accept it immediately and walk you out the door.

Most reputable HR professionals will not contact your current employer if you request them not to; they understand that. But legally, they could.

I see absolutely NO upside in submitting this "letter of intent". When you find your new job, THEN submit your resignation.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 09-17-2010, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    You can always file. Whether you will get it or not will be up to the state. I'd say your chances are pretty good but as DAW puts it, the state does not care even a little bit what I think.

Leave a comment:

• dreed73
    started a topic Letter of intent to leave Michigan

Letter of intent to leave Michigan

I am looking for a new job after being at my current place of employment for over 10 years. I feel it would be a little strange to tell hiring managers during an interview that they cannot contact my boss. I'm wondering if I write a formal letter of my intent to leave, saying that I will stay until I find a new job [/U]and then give the proper 2 weeks notice, if they decide to let me go, can I claim unemployment?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X