X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appointment For Claims Examiner Interview- NJ New Jersey

Greetings,

I have a fact finding interview on Friday.

Here's the story. Back in the beginning of March I met with my District Manager and notified him that I would be moving to San Francisco.

In these talks I made it clear that I was hoping to stay employed with (deleted). During our discussion my DM, made it clear that he and company would do everything it could to keep me employed with our company.

So flash forward to the first week I am in San Francisco, which was the first week of May. On the day of my check out audit i received a text from my DM and it read the result of my audit. i was thrilled with the result and so was my DM and my RVP. My DM called me 2 days later and said that he was in touch with the DM in SF and they were working on the Co-Managers spot that was open.

I believe a few days passed and I received a call from one of the stores back in NJ saying that my DM no longer works for the company. I tried contacting the SF DM for the next few days and didn't get any return phone call back. I then contacted the North East Regional office. They called me back and said he contacted the SF DM and everything was still going to plan and that I would get a call soon.

Time went by and i didn't hear anything for another week or so. Finally I received a call back from the SF Dm and he stated to me that there was now issues with the way i left. Apparently my old DM had not notified the appropriate people until the week before i left. So it was a big shock.

They offered me less than 50% of my previous salary and the DM actually told me that i should consider it a slap in the face and would not be surprised if I decided to seek employment else where. I called him back the next day and said I would use the remainder of my vacation hours while they worked out the problem amongst themselves. Because I did not deserve to be treated this way.

Two weeks went by and of course i didn't receive any updates as to where I stand with the company. So then i called our department of fair employment and opened a complaint with them.

2 weeks ago i called to check on the status of my employment with the company and he said he didn't know and that they would get back to me. I haven't heard from them till this day.

So now I have an interview because "you may have quit your job without good cause attributable to the work".

First, I never quit the company.
    Secondly, If i knew i wasn't going to be able to stay on with the company then I would have started to look for work before I even came out to SF. Everything seems to have gone to **** when my DM was fired.

Is there any reason for my benefits to be denied here?
    Last edited by cbg; 07-12-2010, 05:57 PM.

No one here can predict the future of what will happen with your UI benefits. If you do not win, appeal, if you lose the appeal, appeal that. In the meantime find alternative employment.
    Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Here's the story. Back in the beginning of March I met with my District Manager and notified him that I would be moving to San Francisco.

In these talks I made it clear that I was hoping to stay employed with (deleted). During our discussion my DM, made it clear that he and company would do everything it could to keep me employed with our company.
      What you did with the GM did not constitute a transfer to SFO, nor an offer of employment once you got there.

The employER at the SFO office would be under no obligation to provide you with a 'desk'. (job or offer of employment comparable or consistant with your previous position)

Even though there may have been discussion with your prior DM about your relocation...you basically voluntarily terminated your relationship with this ER.

As Catbert said...all you can do is make the application for UI benefits... appeal if necessary. In the meantime, it would be a good idea to begin a job search...in earnest.

Info on UI benefits in Calif is here http://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/Filing_a_Claim.htm

Good luck to you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X