Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

bartender in chicago needs help

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bartender in chicago needs help

    I am currently a bartender at an airport. I have been employed by my company for 15 months. Since I started this company has gone through a lot of changes. When I started my responsibilites were exactly what I was hired for. Bartending. Now my bar recently added a food cooler. I have to sell yogurt, bananas, apples, oranges, pears, bottled soda, water, sandwiches, and bottled smoothies. With plans to add a hotdog stand within the next month.customers do not tip on the new items, and understandably so. I now feel more like a convenient store clerk rather than a
    bartender. I make less money, with the addition of more responsibilities.
    Would a volunary quit help me get unemployment benifits for a short while? Any suggestions for me? I feel I need to do something.I have read this board for a while,and respect your opinions and answers. Thanks, aj

  • #2
    Voluntary Quit

    Chances are great that if you voluntarily quit, you will be denied unemployment benefits. My recommendation is that you continue to work while you are looking for another job that is more suitable for your skills.
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    • #3
      Should you decide that you want to quit your job, you may be able to make an argument to collect unemploymernt insurance, but there are no guarantees. Regardless, you may want to check out the Illinois DOL Unemployment Insurance website here:

      Good luck.
      In Solidarity,



      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.