Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

harassment/mental damage/Illinois

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • harassment/mental damage/Illinois

    I have been working for a screenprintin shop for 5 or more years. When I first started, i imediately wanted to pursue this type of job. So an agrrement with a general contract to pay the boss 1000.00 each month out of my paycheck, to buy into the business. I am still classfied as an employee. My main question is things have gotton so bad, by being accused of stealing, confronted with customers accusing me of stealing, yelled at, profanity, psychological damage by degrading me, being exposed to hazardous and harsh chemicals without given any protection, money being taken out of my paycheck for leaving the lights on, or not turning the cash register off, etc. $300 or more has been taken out, not knowing if I will make it to the next month financially, etc. I cannot even go to work without feeling uneasy and nervous. i want to know if this criteria meets the standards to seek some type of disability?

    Please help me.


  • #2
    To determine if you have a serious health condition or are disabled, a medical professional must make that determination.

    To find out if you have an FMLA qualifying "serious health condition," go to the Dept. of Labor website, To find out if you have a disability under the ADA, go to the EEOC website,

    Good luck.
    In Solidarity,



    • #3

      In addition, your employer is not permitted to take a wage deduction for things such as living the lights on without your written approval that is freely given. You can look at the following website for verification:
      Lillian Connell

      Forum Moderator


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.