Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have to ask the other posters their qualifications because I know what their qualifications are.

When someone shows up out of the blue and starts posting contrary opinions to those posters whom I know to have experience with the subject, and who refuses to provide his qualifications or the legal basis for his opinions, I have to wonder.

There is certainly room for a difference of opinion in the law, but you have so far refused to provide any case law or statutes to support yours, just repeated ad infinitum how it is your right to express it.

So, once again, I suggest that you provide either your qualifications to discuss employment law or start giving legal support for your posts. Just as all the other posters did when they began posting.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
      I don't have to ask the other posters their qualifications because I know what their qualifications are.

Again the terms of service at this message board do not require I display credentials to post an OPINION, IF my opinions differ from those of other posters, it is par for the course of a message board. Time and again I have seen it posted that this message board is not intended as LEGAL advice, the only legal advice will come from a privileged Attorney -client relationship with a signed contract. To ask ME and single ME out due to your own disconnect with me and my opinions or comments clearly shows what your intent is and where it stems. If as you allege other posters have shown you their credentials such as an HR REP, payroll expert or other, thats their business, and once again I did not sign up to be a member here with the instructions that I display credentials and there is NO LEGAL advice being given, simply OPINIONS ( which include yours as they are merely opinions as well)

When someone shows up out of the blue and starts posting contrary opinions to those posters whom I know to have experience with the subject, and who refuses to provide his qualifications or the legal basis for his opinions, I have to wonder.

You may wonder away, but nothing I am doing is against the TOS and I would appreciate you not singling me out. I have stated my opinions as such and perhaps if you focused more on the posters questions, instead of the comments and opinions of others it would eliminate your anxiety over such, which should not concern you. I have a feeling ( FEELING) your demands that I provide you my credentials is against the TOS, but again its a feeling I will research further

There is certainly room for a difference of opinion in the law, but you have so far refused to provide any case law or statutes to support yours, just repeated ad infinitum how it is your right to express it.

Had my post stated my opinions were FACTUAL ( which my statements clearly show I did not) you MAY have a basis for your complaint, however as stated they did not consist of such, but were straight in line with posting opinions, opinions the poster could freely research themselves.

So, once again, I suggest that you provide either your qualifications to discuss employment law or start giving legal support for your posts. Just as all the other posters did when they began posting.
      Once again your demands are not within the TOS here. In fact if you assert that one must post credentials to discuss employment LAW, one would need to have SAT for and PASSED a STATE BAR exam to practice LAW and that is beyond the SCOPE of THIS message board as it is advertised to the public.

Please feel free to ignore my posts from here on out, lets not muddle up each topic with you attacking me please and thank you in advance.

Comment

You clearly see this as a personal attack. It is not intended as such. If you are being singled out it is because you are the sole responder who either cannot or will not back up his information.

Do you not agree that the posters who ask the question have the right to know who is responding and what their qualifications are? Or are they expected to take your word for the fact that you know what you are talking about?

Even an opinion needs to have a legal basis. Take this post for example.

You said, I THINK this employee may very well have a workers comp claim for the accident.

But you provided no legal basis for that reasoning. No statute, no case law, no criteria for why you disagree with the other posters. Who all either have experience with workers comp law (and at least one of whom provided back up for his statements) or are known to be experienced researchers.

This is not a discussion board. It is a board to provide LEGAL INFORMATION. Not, unsupported opinions.

Nothing in the TOS prevents me, or anyone else, from asking you to provide support for your claims. Your repeated failure to do anything but repeat your right to state an opinion pretty much tells me all I need to know - you have no credentials and no legal basis for your claim. If you did, you'd provide it.

THIS discussion is over, but if you continue to post without support it will come up again until you do.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X