This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonus payment California

I am an exec in a company in California. My employment agreement states that I am eligible for a bonus for each fiscal year, subject to certain targets being met. I believe I have clearly met my targets.

The end of the fiscal year has come and gone, and my employer has not paid my bonus, has not told me whether or not it will pay my bonus, and if it will, when or how much.

I have asked HR about it, and the basically said that they have not had time to process it. I feel strongly that is not ok. But havent asked twice about it, I dont know what else to do. My questions:

a) the employment agree does not state specifically when the bonus needs to be paid. It does state that it is for fiscal year 2008 . Could the employer decide to pay a bonus related to work I have done in 2008, any time it wishes?

b) what could/should I do? I dont want to take my employer to court, but this is just not OK.

Thanks

Bob

Bonuses are generally paid as per the bonus agreement. You might take the employment agreement to an employment or contract attorney in your area for review to see if they can determine when your bonus should be paid, etc.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Agreed. I am also going to suggest that you download a copy of the CA-DLSE manual and read chapter 35.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/Manual-Instructions.htm
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X