Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Florida

    Have been reading the post about the employee filing against wrong company, and was wondering how an employee could provide the wrong information as to which company they worked for if they had copies of pay stubs and W-2's. Just seems odd.
    So if the employer does file an appeal, what is the next step? Would they be likely to dismiss the claim and have the employee file against the correct company?
    Last edited by FL worker; 04-10-2009, 09:08 AM. Reason: didnt post to correct thread

  • #2
    It didn't appear that it was the employee who made the error. The state doesn't ask for documentation unless someone complains.

    If a protest/appeal is filed, either there is a (normally) telephone hearing with both parties and a hearing officer. If it's strictly a matter of law, the determination can be affirmed without a hearing. Depends on the circumstances.

    Do you have a particular issue?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.