This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemp. Comp. hearing /Referee? North Carolina

What is the resonsibility of a referee in an unemployment comp. hearing.........I know finding of facts.....is one............. but what I really need to know is when is a Referee overstepping his or her bounds. Is their a limit to their function or duties or rather what can they not do because it's not within their area of extertise?

Thanks
    Stan

What exactly is your concern? Every state is set up differently. In some states, a "referee" could be called a "hearing officer" or an "administrative law judge", or some other name. It basically, however, refers to the person who hears the evidence and renders a decision.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Referee : Concerns

my concerns are these:
      Instead of being terminated for a "no call no show" which was my adjudicators determination.........after the hearing in which I had witnesses & felt extremely confident that would be in my favor.............Now with the Referee I was disqualified for no call no show and being arrested for engaging in a crimimal act..........."somewhere on this board I asked for a definition of a crimanal act"...............you see the arrest Which I didn't know was going to be an arrest...."just clearing up a routine complaint" regarding a letter (court document) to my wife while I was under a restraining order........that violation was later dismissed -having no merit-....................so I wasn't guilty furthermore it was invalid so the DA said..............................

The point being none of this was included in my finding of facts.........the Referee further stated that I had not "Directly" informed my employer.......my witness /Supervisor did in fact on my behalf..........which boils down to "semantics" on her part because "direct" is not stated anywhere and is not a company rule!

I've just appealed this determination along with a 15 page explanation of the circumstances with cases cited................this has been going on for 13 months..........If anybody wants to see my submission i'll email you a copy!

Comment

It is really hard to follow your responses the way you are posting.

So, are you appealing?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X