This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatment terminated in California

In 1991 (after seeing a doctor for a year at Kaiser), it was determined that my neck problems were the result of the computer and phone work I was doing in a law office. After numerous physical thereapy visits, nerve root blocks, different pills of all shapes and sizes (over a period of 6 years), I finally was put in touch with an orthopedic who recommended an MRI be done. Surgery was needed to fuse C-5 and C-6. As a result of that surgery, I was able to again use my left arm (which had begun to deteriate). Unfortunately, my neck muscles cannot relax and ongoing chiropractic and massage therapy are needed to prevent the muscles of spasm and headaches.

Now, W.C. has arbitrarily decided that chiro and massage are not "medically necessary". This decision was made by a W.C. doctor who I have never seen or spoken to. W.C. is basing this on erroneous facts: They assume I am working full time (which I am not), the assume that I don't do home exercises (which is untrue).

I have requested an expedited appeal and that appeal has also been denied, again no doctor talked to me or my treating physician.

Is my only choice an appeal? I have requested a QME, but the form assumes that I am still working for my previous employer, who has since retired. Even though I still work for a law office, I am hesitant at this point to hire an attorney, if there is anyway to avoid it. The Code section 4062 doesn't seem to apply in my case.

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by mogrit; 11-28-2004, 03:21 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Appeal

I don't know of any other process than to file an appeal. The following website gives you a lot of helpful information, re: Massachusetts workers compensation:

http://www.mass.gov/dia/QUESTION/EmployeeQuestions.htm

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

I cannot offer any advise but I can relate completely. My story is very similar to yours (right down to Kaiser doctors). Good luck to you with your appeal.

My struggle is just beginning I'm afraid.

K

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X