This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I handle This one???

I am a 57 year old plant manager in Southern CA. I have severe knee pain and loss of use. When I was hired 9 years ago I had a company physical and was given a clean bill of health. I believe that my disability in my legs was brought on by accumulated trauma to my legs from working extremely long hours on cement floors. I work 6 days a week and 13 hours a day.

My question is do I have a reasonable chance of getting the medical attention through workman's comp, upto and including partial disability?

Thank you for your help and answer in advance.

Sincerely

Bad knees

Workers Compensation

You may. The issue will be whether you and your doctor can prove that the issues in your leg were caused by your work conditions. You should file a claim as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the greater the chance that it will be viewed as a invalid claim. Also, expect to have to appeal the matter. Chances are great that it will be denied at first.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X