This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary worker hurt at warehouse on a non-working day. Hawaii

We are a painting contractor that has normal shop hours of Monday through Friday but on occassions may have to work on weekends. An employee who is a salary employee came to the warehouse on a Sunday and fell off a ladder while grabbing paint. He claims he was in the shop checking his e-mail and on his way out decided he need paint. We have no idea why he needed the paint because none of the current jobs called for that particular paint and there was no job's going on that day. We are speculating that he may have needed the paint for personal use. Anyway. My question is............... Is the employee covered under workers comp just because he came in to check his e-mail? Is he covered even if he is not required to come in on Sundays?

Generally speaking, yes and yes. Just submit the claim to your carrier. They will decide.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I agree with filing the claim with your IC...

But the answers could be 'maybe, and maybe'... the basis for a claim to be acceptable under WC plans is AOE/COE, Arising Out, and in the Course Of Employment...

Have you read through the HI WC rules ?...http://hawaii.gov/labor/dcd/aboutwc.shtml, http://hawaii.gov/labor/dcd/PDF/broc...0%28pdf%29.pdf

Comment

I sit corrected, so I don't fall.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X