This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to look for work

What do I do if I forgot to look for work one week? I had been filing online for the weeks prior, but one week just "got away" from me. Do I need to call the U/C and let them know the reason I didn't file for one particular week or do I just not say anything and leave that week unaccounted for...since they only pay you for the weeks you filed a claim for. I don't want to throw anything off...

If you are out of work, how exactly do you just "forget"? Whether benefits terminate or not is up to the state. You can not just pick up benefits on weeks when you remember to comply with the provisions and then skip it when you don't. It doesn't work that way. No one here can guarantee what the state will do.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

ElleMD I am sure you have enough life experience to know that oversights and accidents do happen. I do not need to explain anything to you no matter how justified you feel in your criticism.FYI if my posts spark strong emotions with you that you feel the need to express in replying, just know that you aren't obliged to answer.
      Thanks

Comment

Youngone again you get snarky when someone posted a reasonable reply. Yes just how do you "forget" to look for work for a week!? Considering its a means to support yourself that should be high on your to do list. In most cases failure to look for work is grounds to terminate benefits. However like you were told that determination falls on state not us
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

When you post on a public board, you don't get to direct who does and does not answer.

Looking for work is pretty basic to receiving unemployment. If you overlooked doing so, you will not qualify for benefits for that week. How you would then deal with subsequent weeks is something the UI office will have to tell you since it varies by state.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I seemed to have summoned "backup"

cbg- I'm sorry you don't see the diffrence in what I said and you thinking I only want certain ones to reply.

partner- you give me too much credit.

Thanks all that addressed my actual question.

Comment

Then let's put it this way, Youngone:

It is not necessary for you to remind posters that they are not obligated to reply to you. They are aware of that. And if they need reminding, I'll do it. That's my job, not yours. Okay?
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X