Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Commission based jobs Florida

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Commission based jobs Florida

    Im sorry if already posted, but I did try to search this topic. Im currently on unemployment from another company. Starting of 15th of december I will start training for a real estate agent. I know the market is bad but anything else is too. I assume that you cant draw unemployment even if I dont get a commission check since a realtor is considered work. Can someone confirm this? Thanks.

  • #2
    What does the training involve? Will you be an employee of a real estate firm or will you be in business for yourself?

    In order to continue to receive UI benefits, you need to be ready, able and willing to accept a reasonable job offer. If you're spending so much time doing this "training" that you can't do that, theoretically, you would not be eligible, even though you are not earning a regular wage.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 11-30-2008, 01:10 PM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      I have to do training 3 days a week for two hours each day. The classes are in the evening. Im not allowed to list or sale until I complete these classes that last for two weeks.


      • #4
        If you didn't earn any money, it should not stop you from collecting.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.