• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC coverage & Perm. Part. Disability (New York) New York

working on it
    Last edited by DayLily; 10-24-2008, 12:09 AM. Reason: removal

Originally posted by DayLily View Post
    I guess I just need some legal advice on WC claims, perm. part. disability (I have perm. & continuing vision loss in left eye & PTSD due to multiple attacks by a resident), and possible personal injury case.
    I do believe you need the assistance of a lawyer. I would retry calling your lawyer's office for status on your case or go there in person if possible.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Five claims in 6 months? I hate to tell you this but it is going to be an uphill battle to get all of them taken seriously. MAJOR red flags that the first 4 settled and there have been no claims since the last claim which has not settled was filed. In your case it may be legit but those are one in a million and unfortunately, after enough of the other kind of cases, lawyers, adjusters and even employers get cynical. Double that for ANY claim of PTSD that doesn't involve a life threatening event. It is one of the diagnoses that seems to appear in WC claims, way out of proportion to the number cases diagnosed from other sources, and is a very rare disorder. Makes it tougher for those that are truly suffering from the disorder.

You really need a lawyer here and if yours has turned cynical or is not helping you, and your claims are legit, find another lawyer.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X