This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Injury - Alabama

I was injured on November1, 2007 Informed Employer the next day and employer eventually sent me to a WC doctor. After the Doctor wanted to refer me to an orthopedic doctor my employer refused Medical Treatment and Benefits for not being able to work.

I seeked help with a WC Attorney in Alabama and we filled for a court date. After finally getting my court date and the Judge awarded in my favor on May 19th. Employer still refuses to follow the judges decision because of this day I still have not been able to recieved Medical treatment or any Benefits.

When I last spoke to my attorney he told me that he was going to contact the oposing attorney. If they still refuse we will have to file a contempt of court. My attorney was suppose to keep me informed but he has been lacking in communication with me.

Can someone help me with what to do and if we have to file a contempt of court how long will it take?

Before my court date my Attorney stated that I could go to my private doctor and after having an MRI it showed that I had 2 Disc in my lower back damaged.

These are questions you should be asking your attorney, not strangers on the internet who have no idea of the details of your case.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Agree. However, I will ask how long has it been since you communicated with your attorney? Are you calling and leaving messages and he's just not returning your calls?
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I keep calling but it is hard to get him to return my calls.

Comment

But when was the last time you spoke with him? There's a reason I'm asking.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

strangers?

Originally posted by cbg View Post
            These are questions you should be asking your attorney, not strangers on the internet who have no idea of the details of your case.
            What are you doing here then? They seem to have a pretty good case. It's odd when someone has medical problems in their back, you people just seem to ignore it..............cloud nine

Comment

phone call

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
              But when was the last time you spoke with him? There's a reason I'm asking.
              Maybe the lawyers hearing is getting bad.......

Comment

I am here to provide general legal information to people who do not already have an attorney working on their behalf.

No one is here to provide any kind of medical information, regardless of what kind of injury they may have.
                The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I say a little prayer for you

Originally posted by cbg View Post
                  I am here to provide general legal information to people who do not already have an attorney working on their behalf.

No one is here to provide any kind of medical information, regardless of what kind of injury they may have.
                  Do you remember in grade school when we learned the white man stole land from the indians????....history is repeating itself darling.....

Comment

I was not here asking for a medical opinion on my back I am aware of the problem I have.

As for my attorney it was last week and I aksed him to keep me informed and it seems everytime I call I keep leaving him messages on top of messages and he doesn't want to return my calls until I get blunt about the situation.

Silkwood thank you very much for someone seeing my point.

I came here asking for advice, but I see you people aren't want you say you are.

Comment

Chrissy, we cannot give specific legal advice. Only a lawyer in your state can do so. It would be most inappropriate for us to try to second guess what your attorney has to say.

There are limits to what a message board can provide and what you are asking for is beyond them.

Comment

And, Chrissy, since you twice chose not to answer my question, never mind.

Comment

I told you so

Originally posted by Chrissy66 View Post
                          I was not here asking for a medical opinion on my back I am aware of the problem I have.

As for my attorney it was last week and I aksed him to keep me informed and it seems everytime I call I keep leaving him messages on top of messages and he doesn't want to return my calls until I get blunt about the situation.

Silkwood thank you very much for someone seeing my point.

I came here asking for advice, but I see you people aren't want you say you are.
                          We all need people on our side instead of someone saying "they can't do that" they can say legal all they want, some people had too many favors to pay back, or they have some type of hold on some people, I'm glad the only license they could take away from me would be my driver's license....
                          Last edited by silkwood; 06-08-2008, 04:02 PM. Reason: word

Comment

I was going to give some advice about your problems communicating with your attorney.

Comment

advice

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
                              I was going to give some advice about your problems communicating with your attorney.
                              I don't have one, I wish now I would have went to law school and fought for the little person. Because too many people have daddy and mommy or a friend of a friend to get them out of trouble, I see it every day in my situation, and I'm sick of all of it! You can be your own attorney, go on a website and you will see, you just have to know all the state laws in your area and other laws with proof. The beauty of my situation is that I have paperwork on them and can't do a single thing about if I tell anybody, I don't have a gag order...

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X