This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driving stoned Pennsylvania

Can anything be done to someone who hits you and you and a witness would swear that he was on drugs. When the cop came the witness told the cop he was on something, but the cop didnt do anything about it, because he said he knew the guy. While we were waiting for the cop, the guy who hit me was drawing pictures on the vehicle I was in, and at the time it was about 15 below zero with the wind chill. This jerk was definetely on something and driving like a idiot, can ANYTHING be done about this? And there were all kinds of other body damage on his car in other places also, including when he hit me his whole hood was smashed up against his windshield but the cop still let him drive the car home. Wish Tony Soprano lived down this way, I know he would help me out. lol. Seriously though, can anything be done to this little idiot.

You can report it to the DA. You CANNOT force either the police or the DA to take any action. Reporting it is ALL you can do.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Yes. Normally you'd report to the police and they'd talk to the DA. But I don't know of any reason you can't report it directly.

Once you do, it is completely out of your hands.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

At this point it is too late to do anything about it. I know you want to stick it to the guy who hit you but unfortuantely, at this point it is water under the bridge.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X