This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi

i am up for the next prmotion in my department, but i got hurt on the job and i am off work on workers comp. i was wondering if they can pass me up for that promotion, and do youk now where i can find the laws that can help me if they can't pass me up.
    Last edited by firemanscott; 02-02-2008, 06:50 PM.

They can not pass you over because you filed a WC claim but they may do so in spite of the claim. If they need someone to fill that slot and you are going to be off for longer than they can wait, they don't have to hold it indefinitely until you can return.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

do you know where i can find the laws that can help me? if they can't pass me up i will need these laws to help me with my grievance if they do.

Comment

Are you in a union? Or work for a municipality? If so, I'd refer to the regualtions regarding promotions first. That is your best bet.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

MS promotion

i work for a municipality and they do not has any standards on promotions. so i will need some cases to help me if they pass me up. i hope that they want, but passed experience has tells me that it is a good chance it will happen.

Comment

If there are no standards for who gets the promotion, there is nothing that automatically entitles you to it either, WC claim or not. You aren't going to find any cases that are going to force your employer to give you the promotion. They can not decide to pass you over just because you filed a claim. If you aren't available because of a claim, they don't have to give you the promotion anyway.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X