X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does the claims adj have final say

One................
    Last edited by rear-ended; 02-20-2010, 09:37 PM.

Why would the boss butt in?
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

I think there is no way any of us may be able to comment on whether or not someone may disallow a claim for you.
      I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Not always...

Not sure which state you are in but in CA, claims adjusters are only allowed to approve procedures. Any denial or modification must be made by a doctor in the same specialty. Usually this is done through UR (utilization review).

Comment

I deal with a LOT of claims and the times I have ever seen an authorization revoked was when there was evidence after the initial authorization of fraud. There was one case where authorization was revoked after the presurgical tests came back and the employee in question was found to have a medical condition that made surgery far too risky, but in that case, the employee didn't wish to pursue surgery either. There would be little reason to randomly revoke an authorization for no reason.

I'd stop worrying about all the unlikely maybes out there or you will make yourself nuts.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Pre-existing isn't fraud. Fraud is injuring yourself playing football in the yard with your kid and telling work that it was the accident that caused it. Or not being able to walk or lift even a purse at the doctor's office but able to go shopping immediately following and lift and carry large items from Wal Mart.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X