This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• florida work related injury

I was employed as an unloader for a company in Florida and pulled a muscle in my back while i was on the clock. they arranged for me to see a DR. the Dr. comfirmed the injury but redirected me to a heart Dr. with out doing anything about my back. they ran a few tests on my heart and said everything was fine. it has been 3 months now and the company i work for has put me on light duty but still will not do any thing about my back. i have spoken with several people and just keep getting the run around. is there anything i can do?

Originally posted by geckindus
    I was employed as an unloader for a company in Florida and pulled a muscle in my back while i was on the clock. they arranged for me to see a DR. the Dr. comfirmed the injury but redirected me to a heart Dr. with out doing anything about my back. they ran a few tests on my heart and said everything was fine. it has been 3 months now and the company i work for has put me on light duty but still will not do any thing about my back. i have spoken with several people and just keep getting the run around. is there anything i can do?

What did the first doctor tell you? Have you seen your reports? That is where you need to start.

Sue
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

the Dr. who i saw about my back was going to give meds for my back but wanted to run tests because he thought that there was something wrong with my heart. he said i should be put on light duty and shoudn't lift anything heavy. once i saw the dr. for my heart he wanted to see me a.s.a.p. that was three months ago. i have not seen a dr since then. when i mentioned this to my employer she says she is trying..... i have been talking to her every day.
      i have not seen any of the reports, the copy i requested sent to the adjuster was never sent and i was never notified of this (i just found out) as for the results the dr. i saw about my back said that i injured it and the one i saw about my heart said it was fine.

Comment

Workers Compensation

If you feel that you did not receive benefits as due to you under the law, you can file a claim with the state. The following website explains your rights under Florida's workers' compensation law, including procedures on filing a claim: http://www.fldfs.com/wc/pdf/employeebrochure.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X