This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retroactive surgery approval & PTO Illinois

I had surgery back in September. The wc ins. company had given my lawyer and Dr approval for the procedure. Two days before I was scheduled for surgery my employers lawyer said the adjuster had no right to give approval without consulting him. I had the surgery anyway and we're (still) in the process of hashing it out with my employers atty. I used PTO to cover my week off. I was told if the surgery gets approved, I will get the 40 hrs. PTO back since the time will be charged to wc.

I've since left my job for a better opportunity. It's my previous employer's policy to pay out all unused PTO on the last pay check. If the surgery and time off is approved, retroactively, shouldn't I get paid for the 40 hours PTO I used for the surgery even if it ends up being after I get my final check? I've tried to call the wc liasion at my previous employer but she wont return my calls. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

That would be a matter between you and your employer.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

LOL That's what my lawyer says but the wc liasion will not return my calls. Policy is to pay any unused PTO on the last paycheck. If I were still an employee and wc covers me, I'd get the 40 hours back. I'm assuming, if I'm covered, I should get that 40 hours in a seperate check, not final pay since that's this Fri. But, what makes sense to me isn't usually how it works. I look at things from the "nice guys" point of view.
      Thanks anyway! Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X