This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pt question

I was authorized PT for my injury at a hearing last year. I received the authorization in October 06 2 weeks after receiving it I was hospitalized for 1 month for an unrelated illness. I was hospitalized again approx 3 weeks later for the same unreltated illness. Bottom line I never used the pt.

I'm now receiving pt for an ankle fracture which is also unrelated to my comp case. I let the therapist know I had the prior authorization and asked her if she thought I'd be able to use it now . She said it should'nt be a problem and called the IC for confirmation. They denied it.

My question is this. I have a hearing for permanency this week. I also have an IME and the injury to my foot is in question. The IC also stated in the IME notice the PT issue. I have the discharge papers for both hospital stays. Is this going to be a problem now with my permanency issue?

If you are going for an IME, and contemplating additional treatment, you aren't going for permanency. You aren't at MMI. You mentioned the last time you posted this scenario that you had a lawyer. I highly suggest you contact them and discuss your claim and what you are trying to do at this point.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
      If you are going for an IME, and contemplating additional treatment, you aren't going for permanency. You aren't at MMI. You mentioned the last time you posted this scenario that you had a lawyer. I highly suggest you contact them and discuss your claim and what you are trying to do at this point.
      The IME is to determine "extent of causally related disability,if any" "apportionment" "treatment." I then have a hearing scheduled. That notice states issue of pemanency and apportionment. I know it's confusing,but I'm just trying to get a final decision on the case.

Comment

You would need the IME before the hearing and if the hearing is this week, you won't have it in time.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X