This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura From Michigan

In December Of 1995, I Worked At A Job That Caused Me To Have Bilateral Carpal Tunnel, And Was Diagnois As Quite Severe, Median Nerve Conduction Unobtainable Because Of Muscle Atrophy And Sensory Was Also Unobtainable In The Right Hand. The Left Indicated Distal Latency Of Motor And Sensory Of The Median Nerve. I Had To Have Surgery. I Did Not Work Until 1998-1999 At Another Job As Cashier A Small Neighborhood Corner Store With No Re-occurring Of My Carpal Tunnel. July 5, 2001, I Started Working At Major Store, I Worked Their As A Cashier Squeezing The Scan Gun. I Started Working Part-time For About A Month And Then I Went Full Time With No Problem For 3 Years And 3 Months, Then I Started Having Problems In Those Last Three Months. My Doctor Said I Had To Quit Because Of It, So I Told My Manager That I Had To Quit Work Because Of The Condition And Gave Him The Doctor Statement, And I Want To Put In For An Injury Report And The Manager Had To Do It. Because Carpal Tunnel Is Work Related, And He Said That It Is Not, That I Had It For A Long Time, So He Refused To Do It. I Would Like To Know If I Can Get Workmen Comp? I Got Workmen Comp From The First Job. What Shall I Do?
    Last edited by MSLAURA; 11-10-2004, 01:50 AM. Reason: TO BE SENT TO LCONNELL

Originally posted by MSLAURA
    In December Of 1995, I Worked At A Job That Caused Me To Have Bilateral Carpal Tunnel, And Was Diagnois As Quite Severe, Median Nerve Conduction Unobtainable Because Of Muscle Atrophy And Sensory Was Also Unobtainable In The Right Hand. The Left Indicated Distal Latency Of Motor And Sensory Of The Median Nerve. I Had To Have Surgery. I Did Not Work Until 1998-1999 At Another Job As Cashier A Small Neighborhood Corner Store With No Re-occurring Of My Carpal Tunnel. July 5, 2001, I Started Working At Major Store, I Worked Their As A Cashier Squeezing The Scan Gun. I Started Working Part-time For About A Month And Then I Went Full Time With No Problem For 3 Years And 3 Months, Then I Started Having Problems In Those Last Three Months. My Doctor Said I Had To Quit Because Of It, So I Told My Manager That I Had To Quit Work Because Of The Condition And Gave Him The Doctor Statement, And I Want To Put In For An Injury Report And The Manager Had To Do It. Because Carpal Tunnel Is Work Related, And He Said That It Is Not, That I Had It For A Long Time, So He Refused To Do It. I Would Like To Know If I Can Get Workmen Comp? I Got Workmen Comp From The First Job. What Shall I Do?
    Hi Ms. Laura, I got your private message about this question.
    Because of the complicated nature of your case, would it be possible for you to get an initial free consultation with an injury attorney?
    In the meantime, proceed with the paperwork and documenting what you are doing in terms of doctor appoinments, meds, etc.
    If your boss willl not take the paperwork, then you should try going to the personnel dept. if there is one.
    Keep us posted.
    Sue
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X