This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work comp settlement Q's in Kansas

I am currentley closing towards my release to work. I have been off since 4-07-07 i had surgery in both elbows for tendinitus. My question is, is there any sites that I can go to or numbers I can call that can give me an approximation of settlement amount? There are other aspects in play but for now this is my most concerning.
    Last edited by mezman001; 10-18-2007, 04:02 PM.

It depends on how disabled you are as a result of the surgeries. If you have a lot of restrictions post surgery, the claim is worth more than if the surgeries corrected the problem and you are doing well.

In any event, the longest you would receive PPD for is 210 weeks. You would multiple the % disability by 210 to determine how many weeks you will receive benefits. If it is truly a settlement you are after, then I'd highly suggest hiring an attorney. Even for PPD it is recommended that you have legal counsel.

http://www.dol.ks.gov/wc/html/kwc136(Rev-02-06).pdf
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X