X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fmla for parents

ty 4 the help
    Last edited by rear-ended; 12-09-2009, 08:17 PM.

Fmla

You must have worked for at least 1250 hours and one year at your job. You are able to get FMLA for you to take care of your mother, you will need to take the paperwork to the doctor and have him fill it out stating what needs to be done for you mother and why you are going to need to take care of her. You should be able to be on FMLA for your you and your mother but it DOES not count as 2 seperate FMLA's. You have to use the hours that you have earned and some one should be able to you that.
    CatMeow

Comment

Originally posted by rear-ended View Post
      Had to postpone operation for my neck, because my mother needs an operation this Thursday, can I take a fmla to help her out, and who will have to approve this. My mother has already buried two kids both only 37yrs old, and five brothers and three sisters, and I am not going to turn my back on her now. She is the one keeping me pain free with pills, so another month isnt going to matter. Any help with fmla rules and regulations when it comes to parents?? Doctor knows the situation and just said "dont get hit again".
      You need to contact your HR person to request FMLA certification paperwork and ascertain that the FMLA applies to you and your employer.

Comment

If you are postponing the surgery for your neck, make sure your carrier, NCM and attorney know this. Do not assume the HR person will inform these other parties and reschedule the surgery for you. Make sure the first one you call is your attorney as they really really hate surprises.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Not all adjusters are evil. Most are perfectly nice and willing to do what needs to be done. It really serves no one any good to drag out a claim on either side of the equation. Remember, most of the folks who post here do so because they are having problems, but given the number of claims out there in any given day, the problems are rare. Don't let the small number of problem claims distort your view. The vast majority do not experience problems. Its those ones that do that tend to be vocal about it. Almost no one posts to just say all went well.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X