This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no lite duty at store and full commision Connecticut

Hi I got hurt in work moving a mattress in june of 2006 went back on lite duty they said my job was lite duty and put me back on the floor where I injured myself more.The mri showed a bulging disk so I started recieving a check for way less then I made on the floor(I am full commision and make about 20.00 a hr) the comp stopped paying me after 5 weeks and I went back on lite duty which again they said there was none .I sell vacuums and they are heavy when there packaged and sometimes I have to take them off the shelf. Workmans comp does pay the doctor and prescriptions. 3 weeks ago I did agrevate my back again and went out for 4 days was I supposed to get paid for those four days or is that not included in the old injury.My doctor said I probably reinjured the old injury. thanks

Since it was a separate and distict injury that you sustained, it would be a new claim. Did you file it with your employer? The claims ultimately may be consolidated but typically when a period of time elapses and there is an event that triggers a new injury or onset of symptoms, it starts a new claim.

You should have been paid for the day of the accident but then there is a 3 day waiting period before benefits are available.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X