X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much info does the employer know

I have to work until the
    Last edited by rear-ended; 02-20-2010, 09:14 PM.

does my employer know exactly what day I am having this operation if I dont tell them.

Yes; WC infor is public record btw right > In theory we all know.

Comment

RearEnded, YES your employer is entitled to have that information. They can easily obtain in through your doctor or the IC. Why not just call the surgeon tell him the truth, that work is not abiding by his restrictions, and ask him to take you out of work between now and time for the surgery. Most docs understand that many people have things to prepare in advance of a major operation and don't have a problem with taking an IW off work a few days in advance of the scheduled operation. Especially in light of your employer not following those restrictions.

Give it a try. The worst he can say is NO. But you don't know the answer if you don't ask, right? Good luck.

KM
      Information posted by me is my "OPINION". I do NOT give legal advice to anyone as like most here I am NOT an attorney.

Comment

Have you addressed the restriction issue with your employer directly? You said the HR person was helpful, have you tried talking to her about this? It may be that the powers that be aren't aware you are struggling as you are.

Unless it is medically necessary for you to be off until the surgery, it won't be approved. Yes, your employer will know if you try to fudge the dates. I don't recommend it.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Telling your employer you need to be off for surgery before the actual surgery is being dishonest. They know your surgery date. If you need to be off a day for pre-surgery tests, you can take that day off, but otherwise, unless your doctor says you are medically unable to work, you are expected to work. Since you were told you could come in and not deliver supplies, why not do that? Are all these supplies over 20 lbs? "No manual labor" is useless to the employer as far as direction. If you need sedentary duty, your doctor needs to specify that. If there is just a limit on what you can lift, your doctor should specify that as well.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X