X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all you injured workers out there.

Don't believe all the bad things
    Last edited by rear-ended; 08-20-2009, 11:48 PM.

I'm glad you are finally getting the care you need. Good luck.

I wouldn't be so sure the employer and insurer are just looking to get rid of you though. The best case scenario for them is actually to get you back and working for them again. Terminating you actually costs them a lot more money.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Glad we were able to help - keep us posted.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I'll pretend I didn't see that sales offer.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

rear-ended

My claim was denied and I am presently considering other options but I know
          that it was sent to a company that my employer deals with and I was wondering if you did the same.
          The Insurance that you mentioned was it provided by your employer?

Comment

Rearended, best of luck to you with that surgery. I know that this is NOT what you wanted but I am glad you seem to have come to terms with the necessity of it.

I had my shoulder repair work done last Thursday, Oct 4. Everything went smoothly and my expert Doc was able to do 4 different procedures without having to OPEN me up. Actually did it all through the scope. When I went to my first PT session yesterday, (yes it was a horrible as I remembered from the other shoulder surgery), my therapist was amazed that he was able to do the SAD/AC/DCE/and RCTR with just the scope. I am extremely swollen and very very sore. I do so look forward to getting the next week or two behind me. At least the worst part of it is behind me. The surgery itself, (not even really the surgery itself rather when that nerve block wore off several hours later ), and that first PT session. No surprises this time as I knew what to expect unlike when I had my other shoulder done so I was prepared for the excruciating pain when my therapist first started manipulating my arm. It was shear agony to go through but, like I said, the worst part is over with and baring any complications, (I have run a slight fever and even the therapist was concerned with the amount of swelling), I should be back in the saddle soon. I hope this one heals up as well as the other shoulder did. I do so look forward to the day I can be active again, especially getting back to my job.

Rearended, I would love to snag that laptop at that deep discount unfortunately I have been surviving on TTD payments and my pennies get pinched till old Abe yells already. If you are serious about selling it try E-Bay you are likely to unload it in a hurry by auction. Sounds like a good buy for someone with a real paycheck coming in.

Rearended, you just take it easy and do everything your doctor tells you to do. Even when it hurts to high heaven if he has ordered it he has done so for a reason. INCLUDING when "HE DECIDES" you are healed enough to go back to work. I suspect once you go through that surgery you won't be in any hurry to have another one. Trying to do too much too soon and you best expect to be back for more repair work. Not trying to be a buttinski Rearended, I would just hate for you to mess yourself up trying to overdo too soon that's all. You let your doctor decide what is or isn't OK for you to do. You will have the rest of your life to enjoy your job for now you need to give your body the time it needs to recover and fully heal.

Be Well and best of Luck to you. Be sure to post and let us know how you are doing.

KM
            Information posted by me is my "OPINION". I do NOT give legal advice to anyone as like most here I am NOT an attorney.

Comment

rear-ended

Hi.
              Thanks for your reply.
              I am still in the process of finding a good lawyer.Thanks!
              However, you said that your claim was denied, yet you also said that <<they>> paid for the expensive surgery. Do you mean YOUR Insurance?
              I don't understand! If your claim was denied who paid for the medical expenses?

I had to file a claim trough my employer and they send it to <Risk Management> who ultimetely made the decision. Mine was denied.
              Reason:<< Injury didn't seem to be caused while working>>

Yet, MRI and X-RAY showed nothing. Doctor said: severe trauma.

PS: I am glad that you are well and I wish you a quick recovery.

Comment

We teach teen drivers in safety classes to adjust their mirrors correctly ( far enough out so that they should not be able to see thier own vehicle ) so head turn is not necessary nor even desirable. Very little rotation ROM is lost with multilevel cerv fusions as that motion happens above the fused levels. Odds are you'll be fine in another a few months
                Last edited by Cycler; 10-07-2007, 05:48 AM.

Comment

It isn't that your employer automatically has to let you go after 12 weeks, it is only that your right to return to the exact same position you left and the guarantee of the job ends after 12 weeks. Many many employers will hold a position longer than that, especially when it is a WC claim. I can't promise your employer will hold you job, but it is far from a given that on week 13, you are history no matter what.

The reason your employer wouldn't let you take the weeks off is that your doctor did not support this as medically necessary.
                  I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X