This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Forced to change Drs. California

I don't know what to do. All of a sudden I am being forced to change my Doctor. I am so lost and confused by this. My Dr. is my famliy dr (Primary). He has written letters stating he will continue my care. My date of injury is 2001. and my case has settled. I was told then that after 30 days of treatment I was allowed to transfer my care to my own Doctor. which I excercised. why and how can they do this. I read in California Labor Code Section 4600, paragraph "C" (listed below)

(c) Unless the employer or the employer's insurer has established a medical provider network as provided for in Section 4616, after 30 days from the date the injury is reported, the employee may be treated by a physician of his or her own choice or at a facility of his or her own choice within a reasonable geographic area.

this network was not even in exsistance when my injury occurred and they did not have a provider network. and I used my right to go to my primary physcian, and I have a letters stating my care was transfered to my physcian. please if there is someone out there who can help me, please contact me! I dont want to lose my Dr.
    Hurt in California

Have you asked your doctor to join your new network?
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Dr. doesnt even know how he got on or off the list. the only thing is that he is no longer taking new work comp cases. but will handle the current cases he has
      Hurt in California

Comment

I guess the next question is who told you you had to change doctors??

Comment

Yes, you have to.....

Change Dr's, unless your Dr. can get you in under an exclusion. Read the rest of the code, do not pick and choose. There is an exclusion where you can stay with your Dr for an additonal year if certain criteria are met.

SB 899 APPLIES TO ALL DATES OF INJURY. Despite your injury being before the MPN laws, it applies to you and everyone else.

Keep reading the CCR's and the Codes, you will find it.

I know it sucks, but when you have Republicans in office here, that is what happens.

LL

Comment

I'm confused. If you settled your case, why is WC still paying the medicals at all? Did you truly settle it or just receive a PPD award?
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Elle hun my case settled with medical left open that is why they pay for it.
              Hurt in California

Comment

OK then it wasn't a true settlement. Settlement has a very specific meaning in WC and if you have one, medicals are not left open. I'm guessing you have either a stipulation agreement or a PPD award, neither of which are actually settlements.
                I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X