X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fmla papers Pennsylvania

Does anyone know
    Last edited by rear-ended; 12-09-2009, 09:00 PM.

The carrier has nothing to do with FMLA. That is totally up to the employer.

There is no reason for the employer to deny FMLA (assuming you meet the requirements for time worked) if you are going to be out of work due to workers comp.

Designating your WC absence as FMLA (they can run concurrently) allows them to fire you sooner for medical absences than if they don't designate your absence as FMLA.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Oh, so you are NOT out on w/c leave.

That is where the carrier would get involved and if they aren't going to pick up the tab for you to be out of work, there won't be any leave.
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Anytime you are out while healing from a WC injury, the carrier is going to want to know that. If your doctor is certifying that you can not work and need time off, then that absolutely impacts your claim and the carrier is going to want those records. If your doctor is saying you can not work, then they owe TTD for that period. They are being responsible and proactive here. There is nothng up their sleeves, this is what they are suposed to be doing.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X