This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workmanscomp injury Florida

no doctor will take me off work so my arm can rest and heal.the workman comp doctors are really for the companies do they care for the patient?Only have one arm to do my job and i am right handed.I work for ups as an revenue auditor.what should i do or what can i do about my supervisor?I am union and the union is not even helping me with this situation.I am in so much pain.

Originally posted by heavenstar32 View Post
    no doctor will take me off work so my arm can rest and heal.the workman comp doctors are really for the companies do they care for the patient?Only have one arm to do my job and i am right handed.I work for ups as an revenue auditor.what should i do or what can i do about my supervisor?I am union and the union is not even helping me with this situation.I am in so much pain.
    Have you obtained a second opinion?
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

If it becomes necessary, you can consult with a WC attorney if you are being required to return to work before you are medically able.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

injured32

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
        Have you obtained a second opinion?
        yes i have had a second opinion but that doctors just loves to write s cripts.which helps with the pain but ups is coming up with stupid little jobs.
        they have my right arm in a sling and i do not do well with my left. fellow employees are suggesting i talk to lawyer but i will automatically loose my job.Not like i am really worried about cause my husband works a good job.I am just tired of the way they are treating me.what do i do?????????

Comment

So they have you doing light duty that two doctors have approved you to perform? Hiring a lawyer isn't going to change that at all. If you can't do the tasks they ask of you, you need to go back and tell the doctor this. As long as the tasks are within the restrictions and you can preform them one handed, WC is not going to pay for you to be off work.

You can't be fired for hiring a lawyer if you choose to do so.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X