This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still working while injured

can your supervisor tell you not to take your medicines when the doctor has prescribed them for pain?
    Last edited by heavenstar32; 09-08-2007, 01:07 AM. Reason: missing letter

Why has your supervisor asked you not to take them? Could they interfere with you doing your job - ie make your drowsy, dizzy . . .? Have you had a reaction previously from taking them?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

heavenstar32

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
      Why has your supervisor asked you not to take them? Could they interfere with you doing your job - ie make your drowsy, dizzy . . .? Have you had a reaction previously from taking them?
      no the supervisor thinks that he can control the employees.he told me there was 24 hours in a day to take my meds but i showed him the bottle and i'm supposed to be taking them 4 times a day.which is every 6 hours.they get rid of the pain and help me sleep.so he don't want me to take them cause they make me drowsy.But i let them know that ahead of time.but with my right arm in a sling its hard to work with my left.he has hassled me till i won't deal with it nomore.what do i do

Comment

Originally posted by heavenstar32 View Post
        no the supervisor thinks that he can control the employees.he told me there was 24 hours in a day to take my meds but i showed him the bottle and i'm supposed to be taking them 4 times a day.which is every 6 hours.they get rid of the pain and help me sleep.so he don't want me to take them cause they make me drowsy.But i let them know that ahead of time.but with my right arm in a sling its hard to work with my left.he has hassled me till i won't deal with it nomore.what do i do
        Can you being drowsy at work pose a danger? If you do something that is dangerous, or cant be done under the influence, yes the boss can ask you not to take it while on the clock. He can not ask you to not take it when you are off work and home. I must add, if you can not perform your job without being under the influence, then your doc should be writing you a note to take you off work until this changes, cuz if you get hurt on the job, workers comp can deny your claim, claiming that it would not have happened if you were not under the influence. Speak to your doctor now.
        Last edited by turbowray; 09-08-2007, 09:00 PM.

Comment

If there isn't a safety issue, how would he even know if you took the meds or not? I do have employees who by law can not do their jobs while on certain meds so I do understand that sometimes, it isn't the supervisor's choice.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X