X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w/c says yes, doctor says no????

Elle, you were right again.
    Last edited by rear-ended; 11-17-2009, 08:31 PM.

If your doctor doesn't recommend accupuncture, there is probably a good reason for it. If he hasn't already, ask him to explain why he feels it isn't indicated here. I can only speculate, but there are times it is riskier to have it done than others. If this doctor is as well respected as you say, I'd trust his advice.

Your lawyer can not sue your employer directly. A claim would be barred. He can sue the guy who hit you if his insurance isn't going to cover the damages. Further, your lawyer can't sue anybody that you don't want him to. You employ him. He does not get carte blanche to do as he pleases with your claim. If he decides to go maverick on you, drop him like a rock. It is highly unethical to disregard the client's wishes or to push through a suit the client doesn't support. Big time. You can hire another lawyer or not. That is up to you. I would recommend having one if for no other reason than because you have multiple issues going.

DO NOT JUST WAIT AND HOPE YOUR INSURANCE COVERS IT LATER. Not sure how to make that any plainer. The goal of an insurance company is to make money. They are not going to pay for treatment that someone else was supposed to pick up the tab for. If this other guy's insurance should have covered it, or WC should have covered it, your insurance 99 times in 100 will exclude it. Unless your policy is one of the very rare ones that specifically includes coverage for these things, in which case Midas would be the only one who could afford the premiums, your insurance won't cover it. Not now. Not 2 years from now. Not a decade from now.

I don't like to give medical advise because I'm not a doctor but from what I see here, handwriting is on the wall. You need surgery. If you already have nerve damage you are overdue. You can dig your heels in and cry "unfair" but at the end of the day, you are the one who has to live with the results. Is it really worth permanent damage to not have to drive in winter or make the party you want to pay for it do so? I come from a long line of stubborn but there comes a time when you are just cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

BTW, the claim doesn't close because yoy tell them to close it. It doesn't work that way. Yours is still open.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X