X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being impatient????

thank you very much
    Last edited by rear-ended; 10-09-2009, 07:53 AM.

You asked for accupuncture on Thursday and now have a new NCM on top of it? You aren't going to get an instantaneous answer. Most likely the IC is contacting the surgeon who did the IME and asking for an addendum on whether or not acupuncture is indicated or would help. This takes a few days at least. The IC isn't just going to ok it right off the bat. If it isn't medically indicated or heaven forbid would make the situation worse, they won't approve it. But the IC is not a doctor and they need to get the opinion of one before granting or denying care.

Waiting two years is no guarantee that your health insurance will cover it. Many policies contain exclusions for situations like this. If it was once and should have been covered by WC or some other policy, they won't cover it.

Have you talked to your own doctor about getting acupuncture? Has he written a script for it and referred you to a licensed practioner in your area?
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

RE, hey. Hope the acup. is approved for you soon. Just curious but why accupuncture for Cervical injury? Shoot just go get yourself an emg. Those neurologist seem to enjoy poking those needles in, LOL. Wishing you well and soon.

Comment

Also if you have a new NCM, it is going to take some time for her to get up to speed on your case. Most likely she also inherited a few others and it is very difficult to come in midstream. I just lost my favorite NCM to a promotion as well and though her "replacement" is wonderful, it has taken longer to get an answer from the new one as she has to review the file first before getting back to me and the employee.

I would not expect much by way of an answer if you don't have a script for acupuncture and your doctor has never recommended it. It will not be approved until there is something from your doctor to approve. They certainly are not going to approve and pay for treatment your treating physician is not recommending. Get the exam, talk to your doctor, if indicated get a script for acupuncture. For goodness sake get your doctor's office to call the carrier or fax over the authorization paperwork. I can't tell you how many times doctors fail to do this and the first the IC hears that there is a new treatment being recommended is weeks later when they get the medical reports along with the bill.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

I'm a bit confused but unless treatement is approved in advance, you will be extremely fortunate if WC pays after the fact.

If one of my employees went to a chiropractor (or any other medical service) that hadnt been approved, they would not be paid by WC for that visit.

Be patient and work <with> WC, not on your own.
          I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X