This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workers' Comp Waiting Period California

Our company is in CA. Could anyone let me know what is the waiting period before the TTD kicks in? We have an ee that was off work for 7 days. Thanks for your help!

Three days. If off for 14 or more days or the IW has been hospitalized then it is reto to day one.

Comment

BnThrDnTht is correct but note that the date of the injury does not count toward the total (as you need to pay any lost time for the date of injury anyway), and you must also count weekend and non-scheduled work days. You don't just count the number of working days missed.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

so technically the 1st 3 days the ee has to use them as sick leave, but what if the 3rd day lands on a weekend?

Comment

If the injury occurs on Wednesday, and the ee works M-F, they would be paid for all of Wednesday, use their own leave for Thurs & Fri, and Sat is just as always. TTD would pick up from Sunday-whatever date they returned to work. Using your example of an employee who missed 7 days of actual work, they would receive TTD through Friday of the following week if that was when the doctor released them to return to work (or released them to retrun the next day). If the doctor released them to return effective Monday, then they would receiveTTD for Saturday and Sunday as well.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X